After getting dolled up for a Friday night date night with your honey, the last thing you want to do is forget an important item in your handbag. So I’ve put together a list of my evening clutch must-haves for a stress-free night!
1. Lip Service: I absolutely cannot leave the house without a lipstick that wears well and pairs nicely with my outfit. One of my favorite lipsticks right now is Pixi by Petra Mattelustre Lipstick in ‘Plump Pink’. And, I always throw a chapstick in to avoid chapped lips. Currently, I’m obsessed with Smith’s Rosebud Salve Balm.
2. Hair Essentials: Typically, I wear my hair down when going on a date with my husband or to dinner with friends, but sometimes (especially in the summer months), I need to pin my hair back- so make sure you pack a couple of bobby pins. I also recommend bringing a compact hairspray with you to help keep those fly aways intact throughout the night. I love Fekkai’s ‘Sheer Hold Hairspray’ (which you can usually get at any grocery store or drug store). Plus, it smells great too!
3. Small Card Holder: When using a clutch for your night out, you won’t be able to fit your overly-stuffed, everyday wallet in it. Instead, you’ll need a card holder for your ID, a couple of credit cards, and some spare cash. I recently bought this Otto money holder in hot pink and love how it’s shaped like a mini envelope.
4. Sunnies: I hate leaving my house and forgetting my sunglasses. Who else is guilty of this?! The worst is when you meet your friends for happy hour on a patio somewhere and you’re squinting because you forgot your sunglasses! I love these cheetah printed ones from Loft. Plus, they come with a thin pouch to protect your glasses that also fits nicely in your clutch.
5. To make sure I’m feeling fresh throughout the night, I always pack gum!
6. The Clutch: Lastly, finding that quintessential clutch that can hold all of the above essentials is the major component for your evening out, besides the company you’ll be spending time with, of course. This Gigi New York ‘Uber Clutch’ (mine is a couple of years old, here is a similar one is pretty, classic, and super functional. It’s large enough to hold all of the discussed items and more, including my phone.
Now you have everything you need for a fun night out! Enjoy!